First

Shaun was a teacher who found individual strengths in every student and inspired us to grow in life, design, and business based on those strengths.  Shaun gave me confidence in design and life, and for that I will never forget him. 

"When I came to teaching I had already enjoyed a full and remarkably rewarding professional career. I had not anticipated the profoundly positive effect that becoming a teacher would have on my life. I can now say without hesitation, that teaching is by far the most rewarding thing that I have ever done. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to influence the lives of these bright young people and it is a responsibility that I take most seriously."
-Shaun Jackson (1949-2013)

Reading his quote about teaching and what it meant to him, made me think of a Shaunism from my graduating class of 2000… serendipity.  He always told us to find serendipity in our designs, which made my classmates and me laugh because he used the word almost everyday.  We thought he had some sort of word of the day calendar on his desk and just wouldn’t let the word serendipity go.  But looking back, he must have found his serendipity in life and just wanted each of us to do the same.

I dedicate this blog to Shaun Jackson, may I forever be a student of design who finds inspiration in  design, art, the written word, people.... life.

Mr. Shaun Jackson



0 comments:

Post a Comment